COVID-19 Corona Virus "Focused Learning" Response
Due to the current worldwide pandemic of the Corona Virus, many schools across the U.S. have shut down until mid April, but it could be longer. Possibly the remainder of the school year.
What does this mean for your children?
Although many parents are also displaced at this time, a lot of parents are not equipped to teach and homeschool their children. Here at Work Smart, Be Smart Tutoring, we'd like to offer a solution:
- Focused Learning is not tutoring or homeschooling, but rather a supplemental program to help aid students in specified subject matters during this difficult time when school is not in session.
- Focused Learning is an approach that will aid your children in the subject areas that they are struggling with the most.
- Focused Learning is shorter than traditional school, and offers personalized learning with small class sizes and smaller student to teacher ratios.
Benefits of Focused Learning:
- No spreading of the COVID-19 Corona Virus.
- You can practice Social Distancing.
- Extremely affordable compared to private tutoring or virtual tutoring.
- Accredited Teachers.
- Small class sizes.
- Small Teacher to Student Ratios.
We are currently offering pilot classes for our Focused Learning classes. We will only be offering 1 grade level per day (Grades 2nd - 10th) during our inital launch period. Classes will consist of a minimum of 3 students, and a maximum of 6.
We will be offering 4-hour "blocks", with 2 subjects per block. We will only be offering Math & Science together to begin with for the pilot classes. (English & History will come later.)
How will the "Blocks" be broken down?
Two Subject Sections, 1 Math & 1 Science:
- 1 Hour of Instruction of the Subject
- 15 minutes will be spent on an instructional handout/activity/quiz to evaluate comprehension of the lesson.
- 15 minutes will be given as a break for the students while the teacher grades the handout/activity/quiz.
- 30 minutes will be spent reviewing which questions students struggled on.
How much will this cost?
We have to pay our teachers & the time it takes to make lesson plans. But we are keeping in mind that everyone is either temporarily out of work or working with a reduced income. For this reason, we are currently working on pricing. Please fill out the survey below to help us!
How do I sign up?
We are currently working on pricing. We need to know what parents would be willing to pay for our services during this difficult time. Please voice your opinion by filling out our short survey below!